Last Sunday morning, armed with a bag, we headed into Ashton Court for a spot of pre breakfast foraging for blackberries. I just fancied pancakes and when I know what I fancy I have to have it! It was worth the effort though! The perfect start to a lazy sunny Sunday. We took our time over brunch with pot after pot of tea and the Sunday newspapers. Bliss!
Blackberry, ricotta and spelt pancakes
- Mix the ricotta, milk and egg yolks in a large bowl. Stir in flour and baking powder until it makes a batter.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until you get soft peaks and fold them into the batter. Stir in the honey.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and drop in 1tbsp dollops of batter. Fry the pancakes for about 1–2 minutes on each side until they are lightly browned.
- Add a dollop of greek yoghurt, drizzle honey and sprinkle with blackberries. Yum!
Or if you fancy something quick and easy to have with your porridge, try a smoothie!
Blackberry, apple and oat smoothie
1/2 cup natural yoghurt
1 cup freshly pressed apple juice
1/4 cup oats
1 tsp honey
- Place ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Divide between 2 glasses. Sip and enjoy!
Wish I was round your place next Sunday for brunch!