I love everything about Autumn – the vibrant red, copper and berry hues, the blustery weather, the hearty food and that warm, fuzzy glow you get!
Inspired by the magic of Autmn, Lahloo’s unique Limited Edition Vanilla Mist loose leaf tea is extraordinarily tasty! A unique blend of Rich Ceylon, smokey Zheng Xiao Lapsang and golden White Tip oolong tea is sumptously infused with Bourbon Vanilla pods from Madagascar and Cinnamon quills from Ceylon.
The perfect warming, indulgent Autumn tea treat is £6.00/50g (about 100 indulgent cups of tea!), visit our online tea boutique here to purchase yourself a treat today*, then grab your wellies, scuff in fallen leaves in the park with friends and get cosy with home-made, hot buttered crumpets in front of a roaring fire!
*Go on indulge! Visit Lahloo tea boutique before 30th September and we’ll deliver your treat absolutley free. Now, you can’t beat that for a treat! But we’ve only made 1kg of our indulgent treat, so don’t miss out!
PS. Don’t forget to make your crumpets!
This is a recipe I’ve tweaked slightly to make delicious crumpets every time. Just perfect with organic unsalted butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon!
Here’s what you will need:
450g/1lb plain flour, sifted
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp caster sugar
2 tsp/1x7g sachet fast-action dried yeast
300ml/½ pint warm organic milk
300ml /½ pint warm water
crumpet rings or plain pastry cutters, greased
Here’s how you make them:
1. Put the flour and salt into a large bowl, stir in the sugar and yeast and make a well in the centre. Pour the warm milk and water into the well and mix to a thick batter. Beat well until the mixture is completely combined and cover with cling film.
2. Leave in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour until it’s light and spongy. Stir well to knock out the air.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a very low heat with a drop of the oil. Remove any excess oil with kitchen paper, then place the greased crumpet rings in the pan and leave to warm up for 2 minutes.
4. With a ladel, half-fill the rings. Leave to cook for about 8 minutes, or until lots of little holes appear and the batter has just dried out.
5. Remove the rings and turn over the crumpets to cook on the other side for about 2 minutes. Sit the cooked crumpets on a wire rack.
6. Serve immediately with lots of butter and cinnamon.
7. Now make a pot of Vanilla Mist, find a roaring fire, snuggle up to somebody special and relax!